There are times in research cooperation when you are asked to sign a confidentiality agreement. These agreements may be for the unilateral disclosure of information from a party to you, a possibility on your part to a third party or for the reciprocal exchange of information between the party. If this document is submitted to you or if you think it is important to protect your research from further disclosure, please contact our licensing staff for assistance. In addition, in order to protect your potential patent rights, you must keep all inventions and discoveries with commercial potential confidential before filing a patent application. Our employees can develop these agreements and assist with any issues related to the confidentiality of your work or agreements made by third parties. Before entering into a confidentiality agreement with an external organization, note this. Confidentiality agreements, also known as confidentiality agreements, are agreements that are used when the owner of confidential information wishes to disclose this information to another party (either an individual or a company), which is generally active in commercial negotiations, and the information remains confidential. By signing a confidentiality agreement, the recipient agrees not to disclose the confidential information defined in the agreement. When an external party wishes to receive material from a Columbia University researcher or transfer it to a researcher, CTV verifies each Material Transfer Agreement (ATM) to ensure that the interests of the university and its researchers are protected. Columbia investigators who require a Confidentiality or Confidentiality Agreement (CDA/NDA) to obtain or disclose confidential information to an external party must submit the request to CTV by filling out the online application form above. MTAs containing research funded by Ames Laboratory (unless ISURF exists) must be requested through Beth Pieper ( or

You will find the information ames Lab MTA and a boilplate agreement at the following address: university research projects often involve the exchange of samples and reagents with colleagues from other educational institutions and companies. Princeton University supports the transfer of materials. Often, no formal agreement is required when material is shared with academic colleagues. However, there are times when it is important to protect intellectual property rights through the implementation of a material transfer agreement (MTA). To request an MTA agreement, please email Tracy Bruehs with the “MTA request” section. If materials are transferred to or from Georgetown, a equipment transfer contract is required. The purpose of this agreement is to ensure that the freedom of the auditor to conduct research, publish data and assert property rights is not restricted and that the provisions of the MTA do not conflict with Georgetown`s academic missions or create unnecessary risks to the institution. Inventors who believe their work is patentable should contact our office when submitted with relevant legal agreements for their inventions. Among the legal forms we can use to help you, the two most common are: a confidentiality agreement (NDA) is a legally binding contract between BSA and another (s) institution (s) intended to protect information considered to be exclusive or confidential.

These agreements are negotiated and executed by the Legal Group for intellectual property. Researchers are not allowed to sign NDAs on behalf of the BSA.

Close Menu